Sunday, January 4, 2009

Payton's Wipeout


Poor Payton, he wiped out on his scooter. We were at the skate park and all of a sudden Payton crashed on his scooter. He was trying to race another little boy. He said his face hit the pavement. But it looks like it hit his scooter. There's no other scrapes or cuts other than his lip. (Yes, he had his helmet on.) Payton was so brave when we went to the doctor. The first place we went, they couldn't find the proper sutures. Then we had to go to urgent care. He was so good. He didn't cry one bit. You're such a tough little boy. His only problem was that he didn't like everyone staring at him. It was pretty ugly. When Payton got his three stitches, the doctor kept telling me to look. Pretty soon I was getting woozy. I felt like I was going to faint. Luckily, I just had to sit for several minutes. I guess I don't like the sight of blood! Well, this is our first child to get stitches...and hopefully the last.

No comments: